“Kurkulla” at Bowral circa 1880
Perched on a hill…
PRICE RANGE: $7-8 Million
- Property Type:Acreage/Semi-Rural
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 4
- Garage: 6
over park-like 14 acres, with tennis, pool etc etc.
This magnificent country estate, dating back to 1880, was originally built as a boarding school for boys and then later purchased by Ada Evans (the first woman to qualify for admission to the Bar in NSW) in 1909.
“Kurkulla” has been renovated and extended under the strict guidance of arguably Australia’s leading heritage architect, Howard Tanner, resulting in the creation of a glorious family home.
The house is a complete estate with the main house, including a separate guest accommodation or self-contained studio, 3 paddocks, an inground pool, and a floodlit tennis court.
– Retaining many of its early features including original Villeroy and Boch tiles and commanding fireplaces
– Wunderlich ceilings with antique chandeliers and light fittings, original bathroom fixtures and rich timber joinery
– Fully renovated Manager’s cottage
– 3 phase electricity
– Approximately 14 acres of park-like gardens
– Garden includes Blue bell wood, orchard with plums, cherries, apples and a fully enclosed vegetable garden
– Large workshop for outside garden equipment and tools
– Fully irrigated from dam
– Short walk into the centre of Bowral